A missing tooth can drastically change the way you think about yourself and how others perceive you. It can also be the reason why many people stop flashing their smiles. So, what are your options for a missing tooth? For one, a dental implant is an artificial substitution for a natural tooth and can even be customized to look like one!
If you are thinking about getting dental work done to replace a missing tooth, emergency dentists in Windsor can help you with a dental implant. Not only will you be able to chew and enjoy your favourite food like before, but you may also turn heads with your new pearly smile.
If you are wondering whether you qualify for a dental implant, there are certain things to consider. First and foremost, contact your dentist in Windsor for a thorough check-up of your oral condition. It always helps to educate yourself on dental implants or other treatment options you may be considering.
If you have a missing or damaged tooth, a dental implant may be the best option for you. You may also benefit from a dental implant if you suffer from the following conditions:
- The surrounding teeth cannot support a dental bridge
- Because of an infection or trauma, the tooth has become loose
- Your existing tooth is damaged/cracked, making it difficult to chew
A dental implant is made out of titanium and replaces a natural tooth’s roots. It is an alternative option to dentures, bridges and is inserted into a patient’s jawbone. A crown is usually fixed on top of the dental implant, and it resembles the surrounding teeth. You schedule a free consultation for dental implants at Roseland Family Dental, a dentist in the Windsor area. Dr. El Shaer will sit down with you to discuss your options for your missing tooth. Generally, if you have healthy gums, and have enough bone in the jaw to support an implant, you would likely qualify for a dental implant.
To determine if you are a good candidate for a dental implant, our team of professionals will examine your oral health condition through an oral exam and x-rays. Once confirmed, you will then be scheduled for your dental implant procedure.
- During the dental implant procedure, the dental implant is inserted into the jawbone beneath the gums. After a period of time, the dental implant bonds with the jawbone and attaches to the gum. This process usually takes a few months to heal.
- In the second stage of the procedure, an abutment is attached to the implant. This abutment is the post that connects the implant with the artificial tooth.
- In the last step of the process, the artificial tooth is molded and fastened to the abutment.
If you are looking for dental care to replace a missing tooth, Roseland Family Dental is the preferred clinic in the Windsor area. Our dentists are experienced in dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, dentures and emergency dental services in your area. Call us today to book an appointment and learn more about single tooth dental implants.